ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Sport Aerobatics - the ideas....

From: Graham Bird <g.bird at opengroup.org>

Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 20:26:56 UTC

Message:

  At 11:39 AM 2/6/2003 -0800, Cris Flint wrote:

>Graham-
>There is a percentage, roughly 8%, of our own Chapter that doesn't even have
>internet access as near as I can tell (I built and have maintained the
>Chapter database for many years), and the SF Bay Area is probably the
>technology capital of the country.  There is a much larger percentage of the
>Chapter membership that does have internet access but does not spend much if
>any time on the computer each day, including the traveling member scenario
>laid out a couple of days ago by the commuter pilot.  While I am a big
>proponent of technology solutions as you know, relying exclusively on this
>medium is, in my opinion, a mistake.
Understand your point.

>By your own admission, magazine content is an ongoing struggle, and it
>sounds like the proposal is to *remove* content.  I don't quite follow the
>logic.  It also seems we are being "penny wise and pound foolish".  But, I
>never could follow that funky British currency anyway...!
I take a different view!  If the content has wide value, then it is
good.  If it's there as filler then it's not!

>Cheers,
>Cris Flint
>Webmaster etc
>IAC Chapter 38

The Open Group Conference
Boundaryless Information Flow: Keeping IT Secure
San Francisco, CA, USA, 3-7th February
http://www.opengroup.org/sfo2003
Graham Bird                                       The Open Group
Vice President, Marketing          44 Montgomery St #960
                                                                San Francisco
                                                    CA 94104-4704, USA
g.bird at opengroup.org            http://www.opengroup.org

Tel  +1 (415) 374 8280 Xt 229      Fax +1 (240) 214-1063
Cell +1 (415) 999 3106              GSM: +44  771 863 9088

If you have aerobatics related information that you would like to make available, please contact me at the email address below.

Last Update: Fri May 4 13:13:07 2012

© Dr. Günther Eichhorn
Springer 233 Spring Street New York, NY 10013 USA, Email Guenther Eichhorn